English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

18/03/11

Embarrassment, Anger and Annoyance


UNIT I
Embarrassment
A.            Defenition
Embarrassment is an emotional state experienced upon having a socially or professionally unacceptable act or condition witnessed by or revealed to others. Usually some amount of loss of honor or dignity is involved, but how much and the type depends on the embarrassing situation. It is similar to shame, except that shame may be experienced for an act known only to one. Also, embarrassment usually carries the connotation of being caused by an act that is merely socially unacceptable, rather than morally wrong.

There are some other expressions to show embarrament, such as :
 formal situations
 Informal  Situations
What an embarrassment !
I must say that it’s an embarrassement
That’s a real embarrassement
What a shame !
It’s my embarrassement to ....
I was so ashamed

B.             Example
Iftitah     :    Hi, dewi. I watched your performance last night. You’re great. You can be a great actress.
Dewi      :    Really ? Thanks. Actually I wasn’t that great.
Iftitah     :    What are you talking about ? you did it very well
Dewi      :    Actually , I cannot do any play.
Iftitah     :    Why, I think your performance was great. Your acting in the play was just  great.
Dewi      :    it wasn’t me. it’s my twin sister, tiwi.
Iftitah     :    Really ? I thought it was you. I’m sorry.
Dewi      :    That’s fine.
Iftitah     :    No. It embarrasses me.
Dewi      :    That’s all right. We are identical twins.




UNIT II
Anger

A.            Defenition
Anger is emotion characterized by antagonism toward someone or something you feel has deliberately done you wrong. Anger can be a good thing. It can give you a way to express negative feelings, for example or motivate you to find solutions to problems. But excessive anger can cause problems. Increased blood pressure and other physical changes associated with anger make it difficult to think straight and harm you physical and mental health.

There are some other expressions you can use to show.
In Formal Situations
In Informal Situations
I really Hate ....
I’m extremely unhappy about this
I’m not pleased at all.
I can’t stand
What displeasure!
Bloody heli!

B.             Example
Virga      :    Hi Denias.do you know what has happened to Adib ? he’s been sacked. He is no longer  the student of our school.
Denias   :    Adib ismawan ? the one who always wears a black jacket?
Virga      :    Yes.
Denias   :    Oh. Once he put some pebbles into my bag.
Virga      :    He did?what a naughty boy. what do you feel?
          Denias   :    i feel so annoyed.
Virga      :    yesterday,he in the headmaster office.
Denias   :    what happened then?  
Virga      :    he was punished.
Denias   :    he deseved harsh punishments.
Virga      :    ...................................................!


UNIT III
Annoyance
A.            Defenition
Annoyance is an unpleasant mental state that is characterized by such effects as irritation and distraction from one's conscious thinking. It can lead to emotions such as frustration and anger. The property of being easily annoyed is called petulance, and something which annoys is called a nuisance.

Expessing Annoyance
In Formal Situations
In Informal Situations
I’m extremely displeased with ....
...... is very irritating
I’m extremelly unhappy about this
..... really makes me mad
I cannot stand .....
Why on earth he didn’t

B.            Example
Iftitah     :    Hi, Dewi. What are you doing ?
Dewi      :    Hi. I’m looking for Mr. Agus Salim. I need his signature for my scholarship application.
Iftitah     :    Do you get the scholarship ?
Dewi      :    Yes. After a long process of selection, the school decides to give me and virga the scholarship.
Iftitah     :    Congratulations. You must be very happy.
Dewi      :    Yes, I’m very happy. But you know it makes me mad. I have to submit all the documents today. The committee told me that only this morning.
Iftitah     :    I understand that’s not easy. Anyway, what do you think of the scholarship ?
Dewi      :    it really helps us. I’m happy with this
Iftitah     :    I see. Do you know that the Chinese goverment will provide free education for poor students ?
Dewi      :    Really? Never heard about that before.
Iftitah     :    I think our goverment should also do the same. You know, around 20% of Indonesian people are poor.
Dewi      :    Many parents also think that it’s better for their children to work and earn money than to go to school. I think free education for poor students could help poor people improve their life.
Iftitah     :    Yes, you’re right.
Dewi      :    Oh, Mr. Agus is coming. I’ve got to see him.
Iftitah     :    I’ve got to go too. Bye.
Dewi      :    See you later.

1 komentar:

Welcome